Dental Sedation Permit Renewal Course
– Baltimore, Maryland. Saturday, March 11th, 2017, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our courses are comprised of comprehensive didactic training on the administration of sedation, analgesia, adverse event and airway management.
All of our courses have been developed and are presented by anesthesiologists and anesthesia trained practitioners.
This course includes a hands-on practicum utilizing simulation with multiple airway devices.
Monitoring/assisting staff are encouraged to attend with the doctor, but not required.
Upon completion, of course, participants should be able to:
1. List and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of sedation
2. Discuss the prevention, recognition, and management of complications associated with sedation
3. Administer sedation to patients in a clinical setting in a safe and effective manner
4. Discuss the abuse potential, occupational hazards and other untoward effects of the agents utilized in sedation
5. Discuss the pharmacology of the drug(s) selected for administration
6. Discuss the precautions, indications, contraindications and adverse reactions associated with the drug(s) selected
7. Administer the selected drug(s) to dental patients in a clinical setting in a safe and effective manner
8. Describe a protocol for management of emergencies in the dental office and list and discuss the emergency drugs and equipment required for the prevention and management of emergency situations
10. Discuss principles of advanced cardiac life support or an appropriate dental sedation/anesthesia emergency course equivalent
11. Demonstrate the ability to manage emergency situations.
TBD- Please Call
**This activity is for dentists to receive the CE required to renew both oral conscious sedation (8 hours of CE) and parenteral or IV sedation permits (16 hours of CE)*
For more information or to register Click Here.
Conscious Sedation Consulting is an approved provider of continuing education by the ADA CERP.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.